Driven byScience, inspired by Nature.
Minimal intervention to preserve and restore the natural tooth is the essence of Biomimetic dentistry.
Advantages of Biomimetic Dentistry
- No sensitivity after routine work
- More options than going straight to a crown
- Reduction in the need for root canals
- Protection from hidden failures
- Minimally invasive: no removing healthy tooth structure
- Maintains natural esthetics of the tooth
- Tooth stays healthier much longer than with traditional dentistry
Silver and non-biomimetic tooth-colored fillings act the same: as a place holder. Neither actually bond the tooth back together. With biomimetic tooth-colored fillings, we are able to bond the sides of the tooth back together; resulting in less sensitivity and fewer failures.
Traditionally, if a filling is too big or if a piece of a tooth is broken, a crown is recommended. With biomimetic dentistry, we are able to remove only unhealthy tooth structure and replace what is missing. This means no more full coverage crowns!
This is the biomimetic alternative to crowns. When most of the tooth is damaged, we can get the same “compression” benefits as a crown without having to cut the whole tooth down.
Post-Root Canal Care
Traditionally, crowns are always recommended after root canals. With Biomimetic Dentistry, we are able to be more selective and determine what is actually needed based on how much good tooth structure is left.